Last reviewed: January 03, 2020
This Site is owned by Eccentex Corporation (“Eccentex”, “we”, “us”, “our”) and access is provided subject to this Privacy Notice. At Eccentex, we respect your need for online privacy and protect any information that you may share with us, in an appropriate manner. Our practice as regards use of your information is as set forth below. By accessing and using the Site, you accept and agree to this Privacy Notice, which may be updated from time to time. If you do not agree to this Privacy Notice, please do not use the Site.
Information We Collect about You
Eccentex is committed to protecting your privacy. You should be aware that we may collect information about you through your use of our Site. Some of the information we collect may personally identify you. For example:
- You may provide registration information, such as your username, first and last name, mailing address, email address, language preference, country, and occupation, when using the Site to purchase or register a product, download software, participate in an online community or event, or subscribe to a newsletter. When registering a product, we may store your registration information along with any information you have provided during previous visits as part of your personal profile.
- You may provide information in our online communities, such as posts or comments. This may occur when you invite others to join an online community or when you share a post or blog. For example, you may provide names and email addresses when sharing a post.
- You may provide transaction information when using the Site (e.g., purchasing or registering a product or requesting information), including your name, billing address, and payment information.
- Location, IP address, domain, browser type, browser language, referring URL, files accessed, errors generated, time zone, operating system, viewing data, and other information collected in our log files or elsewhere on the Site, which may be collected as a part of our analysis of your use of our Site.
- You may provide details concerning your usage such as time, frequency, duration and pattern of use, features used, amount of storage used or others.
- You may provide your resume (work history, contact information, education history, etc.) for consideration for employment.
By using the Site, you consent to our collection of your information.
Use of Your Information
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- To proceed with your registration and to make the Site easier for you to use by not requiring you to enter your information more than once;
- To deliver or notify you regarding services or products that you request, purchase, or download;
- To help you quickly find products, services, or information;
- To notify you of product upgrades, special offers, updated information, and new services via email, phone, chat or other means;
- To respond to inquiries or to communicate with you, such as through welcome messages, newsletters, or direct marketing;
- To facilitate participation in our online communities;
- To perform market research or to conduct surveys unless you have requested that we not contact you for this purpose;
- To personalize the user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested;
- To send to you important notices informing you of changes to our policies, technical service issues related to a product or service, or other information that we believe to be material and essential to the use of our Site, services, and products.;
- To enhance our marketing and to improve our Site, services, and products;
- To consider you for employment, if you have provided information for such purpose; or
- To comply with legal requirements and to prevent activities that may violate our policies.
By using the Site, you consent to our use of your information for these purposes.
In case of services requiring payment, we request credit card or other payment Account information, which will be used solely for processing payments. Your Financial Information will not be stored by us except for the name and address of the cardholder and the last four digits of the Credit Card number. Subject to your prior consent and where necessary for processing future payments, your Financial Information will be stored in encrypted form on secure servers of reputed Payment Gateway Service Provider.
Sharing of Your Information
We will not disclose your personal information outside of Eccentex except in limited circumstances, such as:
- We may share your personal information with other Eccentex companies and our business partners when necessary in order to support the uses mentioned above.
- We may hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including packaging, mailing and delivering purchases or postal mail, answering customer questions about products or services, and processing event registration. We will provide those companies with only the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
- We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary (i) to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us, (ii) to protect and defend the rights or property of Eccentex, or (iii) to act in exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
- In the event that Eccentex, or any portion thereof, is sold, transferred, merged, financed, or dissolved, in whole or in part, your personal information that we may possess may be sold, transferred, or otherwise disclosed as part of the transaction or proceeding, unless you instruct us not to do so.
- We may use a third-party service to host our online communities or to provide website analytics. We may also hire third parties to collect data or may purchase data from third parties, including renting email address lists for use in email campaigns. We will provide the same security and management options as set forth herein for data collected from our Site, phone system, chat, social media, support portal, or other system. However, you may encounter links to third-party sites (e.g., business partners) and, although a connection may be made to such sites, we are not responsible for their privacy policies and this Privacy Notice does not cover their practices.
Control of Your Information
When you provide personal information to us, we will not share that information with third parties without your permission, other than in circumstances referred to above. We assure you that the contents of your account will not be disclosed to anyone and will not be accessible to employees of Eccentex. Neither do we process the contents of your Account for serving targeted advertisements.
Access to Your Information
We make good faith efforts to provide you with access so you can edit or update your personal information. You may have the ability to view or edit some of your personal information online. Profiles created on our sites may be kept at different locations for different services; so you may have to review and update the information in multiple locations. You may review and update this information or request deletions of any and all of your personal information at any time by contacting us: https://www.eccentex.com/contact-us/
Note to California Residents: California Civil Code Section 1798.83 allows California residents to request information regarding disclosure of personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please contact us by visiting: https://www.eccentex.com/contact-us/
Security of Your Information
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information and we honor your choices for its intended use. We have implemented appropriate safeguards to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction. For example, your personal information is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access. Access to your name and email address is restricted to our employees who need to know such information in connection with our services and are bound by confidentiality obligations. We make good faith efforts to provide the security measures necessary to keep the integrity and confidentiality of your information safe. However, no system can be completely secure and we do not guarantee that our security measures are impenetrable.
You also have a significant role in protecting your information. As an example, you should not share your password with anyone. If you believe that your password has been compromised, you should immediately change your password.
Cookies and Other Mechanisms
We use temporary and permanent cookies to enhance your experience of our services. A cookie is placed on your machine (if you accept cookies) or is read if you have visited our Site previously. Temporary cookies will be removed from your computer each time you close your browser. By selecting the ‘keep me signed-in’ option on Eccentex’s Site, a permanent cookie will be stored in your computer and you will not be required to sign-in by providing complete login information each time you return to our website. All of this is done in accordance with applicable laws. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
Web beacons, also known as clear gif technology, or action tags, assist in delivering the cookie. This technology tells us how many visitors clicked on key elements (such as links or graphics) While using the Site, we do not use this technology to access your personally identifiable information on the Site; it is a tool we use to compile aggregated statistics about Site usage. We may share aggregated Site statistics with our business partners but do not allow other companies to place clear gifs on the Site.
To ensure we are creating and publishing relevant content, we may use information collected from cookies and other mechanisms. We may use this information in aggregated form and use site-visitation statistics to improve our sites. If you choose to not have your browser accept cookies from our Site, you will be able to view the text on the screens, however, you will not experience a personalized visit or to subscribe to the service offerings on our Site.
Links from our website
Your choice in information use
Accessing, updating, removing personal information
We provide users with access to their personally identifiable information. Users may correct, update or remove any such personally identifiable information either through their Eccentex account or by contacting Eccentex Customer Support Services. Such changes may take up to 48 hours to take effect.
Transfer of Your Information Across Borders
Your information may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Eccentex or its vendors maintain facilities. By using our Site, you consent to any transfer, storage, or processing of information outside of your country. Several countries, including those in the European Economic Area, have established data protection laws and regulations that place restrictions on the transfer of personal information across country borders. We are committed to complying with all of those laws and regulations. However, when you use our Site and provide such personal information, you should do so in compliance with the applicable data protection laws and regulations in your country. In order to prevent loss of data due to errors or system failures, we also keep backup copies of data including the contents of your account. Hence your files and data may remain on our servers even after deletion or termination of your account.
In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, Eccentex does not knowingly collect Personal Information from users who are under 13 years of age. Because it is necessary to provide Personal Information in order to create an Eccentex Account, we do not provide our services to persons below 13 years of age.
Eccentex may update and make changes to the Privacy Notice at any time. When we do so, we will also revise the date of this Privacy Notice. When we make material changes to the Privacy Notice, we will notify you by placing prominent notice on the Site.
California Privacy Rights
California law requires us to provide California residents with additional information regarding how we collect, use, and share your “personal information” (as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)).
Categories of personal information we collect. Throughout this Policy, we discuss in detail the specific pieces of information we collect from and about users. Below are the categories of personal information we collect:
- Identifiers (such as name and title, contact details, and company name);
- Internet or other network or device activity (such as browsing history or app usage);
- Inference data about you; and
- Other information that identifies or can be reasonably associated with you.
Use of categories of personal information. We may disclose the categories of personal information identified above for our operational purposes where the use is reasonably necessary and proportionate to achieve the operational purpose for which it was collected or processed, or for another compatible operational purpose.
Individual Rights. California law may provide you with certain rights and permit you to request the following:
- Provide you the categories of personal information we have collected or disclosed about you in the last twelve months; the categories of sources of such information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information; and the categories of third parties with whom we shared personal information.
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you.
- Delete certain information we have about you.
You may have the right to receive information about the financial incentives that we offer to you (if any). You also have the right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising certain of your rights. Certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. For example, we need certain types of information so that we can provide the Services to you and for compliance with applicable law. If you ask us to delete certain information, you may no longer be able to access or use the Services.
If would like to exercise any of these rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send your written request to Eccentex Corporate Headquarters. You will be required to verify your identify before we fulfill your request. You can also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. To do so, you must provide us with written authorization or a power of attorney, signed by you, for the agent to act on your behalf. You will still need to verify your identity directly with us.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Notice Concerning Do Not Track Signals
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. We do not recognize or respond to browser-related DNT signals, as the industry is currently working toward a common approach to responding to DNT.
Nevada Privacy Rights
Nevada law requires us to provide certain Nevada consumers the ability to opt out of the “sale” of “personally identifiable information” as such terms are defined under Nevada law. We do not engage in such activity; however, if you are a Nevada resident who has purchased goods or services from us, you may submit a request to opt out of any potential future sales under Nevada law by emailing email@example.com. Once verified, we will maintain your request in the event our practices change.
Questions, comments and requests regarding these policies should be addressed to our Legal Office through the following means:
6101 West Centinela Ave.
Culver City, CA 90230
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org